1. Instructor Obligations
As an instructor,
You represent and assure that:
- you will maintain a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry.
- You are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, coding
exercises, practice tests, assignments and answers.
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information.
- you own or have the necessary rights, consents, permissions, and authority to authorize web educations to use your submitted content.
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party's intellectual
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services.
You assure us that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, pornographic, false, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libellous content or information.
- use webeducations company caption/logo or identity for your personal or professional purposes.
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user.
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students.
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party.
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person's account.
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or content.
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your Submitted Content or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
2. License to webeducations
You grant webeducations the rights to market and exploit your submitted content. This includes the right to add captions or otherwise modify submitted Content to ensure accessibility. You also authorize the company to sublicense these rights to your Submitted Content to third parties, including to students directly and through third parties such as resellers, distributors, affiliate sites, deal sites, and paid advertising on third-party platforms.
Unless otherwise agreed, the company have the right to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Services at any time.
We may record and use all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant us the permission to use your name, voice and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling your Submitted Content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
3. Trust & Safety
You should check our policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to webeducations approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove content, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- an instructor or content does not comply with our policies or legal terms.
- content falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- an instructor engages in misbehaviour that might reflect unfavourably or bring the company into public disrepute, contempt or scandal.
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner. an instructor uses the Services in a way that constitutes unfair competition, such as promotion of their off-site business in a way that violates company’s policies.
4. Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don't have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you'll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on our platform, and that you won't solicit additional personal data or store students' personal data.
When creating Submitted Content available for purchase on our platform, you will be prompted to select a base price (Base Price) for your Submitted Alternatively, you may choose to offer your Submitted Content for free.
When a student purchase using a foreign currency, we will convert the relevant Base Price or Promotional Program price into the student's applicable currency. The conversion rates may not be identical to the applicable market rate in effect when a transaction is processed. We reserve the right to update the Price Tier Matrix at any time.
When a student purchases through a mobile application, the mobile platform provider's pricing matrix will control, and we will choose the price tier closest to the applicable Base Price or Promotional Program price. Because mobile platforms impose their own currency conversion rates, conversions for mobile app prices may not match the conversions in the Price Tier Matrix.
You give us permission to share your Submitted Content for free with our employees, with selected partners, and in cases where we need to restore access to accounts who have previously purchased your Submitted Content. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
6. Transaction Taxes
If a student purchases a product or service in a country that requires Udemy to remit national, state, or local sales or use taxes, value added taxes (VAT), or other similar transaction taxes under applicable law, we will collect and remit those Transaction Taxes to the competent tax authorities for those sales. We may increase the sale price at our discretion where we determine that such taxes may be due. For purchases through mobile applications, applicable Transaction Taxes are collected by the mobile platform (such as Apple's App Store or Google Play).
7. Revenue Share
When a student purchases your Submitted Content, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by webeducations from the student ("Gross Amount"). From this, we subtract any Transaction Taxes, and any amounts paid to third parties in connection with the Promotional Programs to calculate the net amount of the sale ("Net Amount").
Web educations have opt for two selling channels
- Direct Sales
- Referral Sales
Direct sales: Where the product(s) is sold by the company itself by means of any direct marketing channel viz website promotion , google promotions , new paper marketing etc. Under this module , the instructor will be paid 40% of the net revenue generated after deducting the taxes.
Referral Sales: Where the product(s) is sold by referral by the instructor by using his/her coupon code or referral link. Under this module the instructor will be paid 90% of the revenue generated after deducting the taxes.
If we change this payment rate, we will provide you 30 days notice using prominent means, such as via email or by posting a notice through our Services.
8. Instructor Coupons and Course Referral Links
The Udemy platform allows you to generate the referral links to offer certain items of your Submitted Content to students at a discount, at webeducations current price, or for free, as permitted within the Services. These referral links are subject to limits, and you may not sell them on third-party websites or otherwise offer them in exchange for compensation. Additional information and restrictions on these coupon codes and referral links are outlined in our Trust & Safety policies.
Where a student applies your referral link at checkout, your revenue share will be 90% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions etc. and student refunds( if any).
(If) a student asks for a refund if any after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor's Submitted Content.
10. Deleting Your Account
Before deleting your account, we'll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your Submitted Content, your name and that Submitted Content may remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted.
11. Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and m/s webeducations reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.